Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oilers v. Stars - Isaiah 14:12-17

How far you have fallen in the standings,
O Stars, you enemies of God!
How you have been cut down to the ground,
you nemesis of his people!

You said in your heart,
"I will march to the Cup and sit above even God himself,
I will hold the Lord’s Cup above my head,
I will rule over every team,
even those in the far reaches of the North;
I will march over resistance with contempt
I will make myself like the Most High."

But now you are brought down to Sheol,
to the far reaches of the playoff bubble.
Those who see you will stare at you and wonder about you:


"Is this really the team that made the Oilers tremble?
Who disturbed the hearts of the Western Conference?
Who trapped the league to death in the slush
and overthrew teams in their own cities?
Who did not let them - even once - play game seven at home?”

No comments: